StobswellForumExecCommittee   Meeting TUESDAY 13TH JULY 2010
Boomerang Hall

PRESENT
Chris Hind - Chairperson    CH
Sharon Smart - Secretary    SS
Ina Brown - Vice Chair    IB
Hans Rolsfnes - Treasurer    HR
Janet Crank    JC
Betty Wood    BW
Shahneela Arshad    SA
Arline Easson    AE
Stuart Fairweather - Communities Officer    SF

APOLOGIES: Val Beveridge, Carol Bailey, Hayley Tunstall


1.    WELCOME/APOLOGIES

CH welcomed everyone to the meeting.  Apologies are noted as above.

2    PREVIOUS MINUTES:

Exec Meeting 11 May 2010 Minutes agreed. Nominated by IB and seconded by BW
Open Meeting 8 June 2010. Minutes agreed. Nominated by AE and seconded by BW.

MATTERS ARISING FROM EXEC MEETING

Website - It was noted that HR has offered to design a Stobswell Forum Website himself. HT to send original PDF file with details to get started. Action: Hayley

3.    CLEAN CLOSE COMPANY

Concerns were raised regarding the total amount of invoices which the Forum received for the graffiti removal project.  They total approx 1000 over budget The budget we had was 6065. CH to contact Alex Fyffe at Clean Close for breakdown of costs and a possible explanation. Action: Chris

4.    CELEBRATION IN THE PARK

Sharon to e-mail the committee regarding availability.    Action:Sharon

5    UPDATES FROM GROUPS SIT ON

CleanCloseCompany
Nothing major to report on day to day business

Local Community Planning Partnership
No update.

Civic Forum
IB attended will update at a future date.

Access Forum
Next meeting in August.  Ruth to raise issue of cycling training area in the park

Bonnie Dundee
Planting has taken place at Sun City in Whitfield.

Events Group
Next meeting will be held on 27 July 2010 7pm Boomerang Hall to discuss final arrangement for Celebration in the Park with all stall holders and organisers
IB and SS both attended. There were 2 project supported these were from CAIR Scotland incorporating The Web Project and the Youth Cultural Integration Project.

6    CORRESPONDENCE

Swannie Ponds - Clean up being delayed due to equipment issues. Councillor Melville to activity kept on top of this issue.
E-mail from Councillor Melville regarding the old Doctors Surgery in Morgan Street. - Alzheimer's Scotland has confirmed that they are to use the building for a day care centre.  The committee agreed to invite Gabrielle from Alzheimer's Scotland to the next committee meeting. Sharon to call Gabrielle with the invitation. Action: Sharon

Dundee Partnership - A letter has been received to ask if the form would be interested in taking apart in a city wide gathering to discuss what the other areas within Dundee are doing and sharing information.  It is planned to hold 4 events per year and are looking for input as to whether the meeting should be held in the evening or at the weekend.  The committee agreed that a weekend meeting would be better. Chris to e-mail a reply to the relevant person.   Action: Chris
7    ANY OTHER BUISNESS   
    Hanging Baskets - Quote for 1269 has been received from Clean Close Company for the watering of the hanging baskets twice weekly for the relevant number of weeks.   
    Upcoming Events - IB to put copy of these leaflets in the notice boards    Action: Ina
    C in the Park (run by Capability Scotland) on 17 July 2010 10am-4pm Baxter Park   
    Cultural Energy on 31 July 2010 1pm-3pm Grey Lodge, 21 South George St   
    Celebration in the Park 7 August 2010 12pm-4pm Baxter Park   

8    DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING   
    14 September 2010 at 7pm Boomerang Hall, Albert Street

Meeting closed 8.10pm